Sur ce site depuis quelques jours la page d’accueil mettait environ 6 à 7 secondes pour s’afficher. Je me suis légèrement tiré les cheveux pour tenter de comprendre d’où pouvait venir le problème.
Réponse: Un plugin un peu gourmand, à savoir: Sexybookmark
En faisant quelques recherches supplémentaires j’ai également trouvé ce site: www.websiteoptimization.com
Il est possible d’enter l’URL de son site et leur analyseur nous donne un rapport détaillé. Voici le rapport obtenu avec l’url de la page d’accueil de mon site:
Analysis and Recommendations:
- TOTAL_HTML – Congratulations, the total number of HTML files on this page (including the main HTML file) is 1 which most browsers can multithread. Minimizing HTTP requests is key for web site optimization. Y
- TOTAL_OBJECTS – Warning! The total number of objects on this page is 23 which by their number will dominate web page delay. Consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Above 20 objects per page the overhead from dealing with the actual objects (description time and wait time) accounts for more than 80% of whole page latency. See Figure II-3: Relative distribution of latency components showing that object overhead dominates web page latency in Website Optimization Secrets for more details on how object overhead dominates web page latency. Combine, refine, and optimize your external objects. Replace graphic rollovers with CSS rollovers to speed display and minimize HTTP requests. Consider using CSS sprites to help consolidate decorative images. Using CSS techniques such as colored backgrounds, borders, or spacing instead of graphic techniques can reduce HTTP requests. Replace graphic text headers with CSS text headers to further reduce HTTP requests. Finally, consideroptimizing parallel downloads by using different hostnames or a CDN to reduce object overhead.
- TOTAL_IMAGES – Congratulations, the total number of images on this page is 7 . Most browsers can send multiple requests, which can speed display of multiple images.
- TOTAL_SIZE – Congratulations, the total size of this page is 65667 bytes. This page should load in 17.69 seconds on a 56Kbps modem. Based on current average web page size and composition trends you want your page to load in less than 20 seconds on a 56Kbps connection, with progressive feedback. Ideally you want your page to load in 3 to 4 seconds on a broadband connection, and 8 to 12 seconds for the HTML on a dialup connection. Of course, there’s always room for improvement.
- HTML_SIZE – Congratulations, the total size of this HTML file is 6456 bytes, which less than 50K. Assuming that you specify the HEIGHT and WIDTH of your images, this size allows your HTML to display content in under 10 seconds, the average time users are willing to wait for a page to display without feedback.
- IMAGES_SIZE – Congratulations, the total size of all your images is 10714 bytes, which is less than 50K. Even with a 50K HTML page this page should load in less than 20 seconds on a 56Kbps connection. Ideally each image should be less than 1160 bytes, to easily fit into one TCP-IP packet.
- CSS_SIZE – Congratulations, the total size of your external CSS is 1173 bytes, which is less than 8K.
- MULTIM_SIZE – Congratulations, the total size of all your external multimedia files is 0 bytes, which is less than 10K.
Effectivement je charge pas mal de fichiers jQuery sur ce site. Donc cela ne m’étonne pas que je sois avertis au niveau des SCRIPTS.